Saturday, June 21, 2008

AZ Job Search - New World, New Resources

After moving to Arizona in early 2007 as VP Medical Sales with a start-up company, my business division was closed down. I faced the harsh realities of searching for a new position in a very sluggish economy, with no local contacts and no cultivated resources. I live in the North East area of the Valley right outside Scottsdale.

Initially, I spent fruitless weeks searching all existing job sites, that proved to be worthless. I then focused on marketing myself to major national search firms. These firms were retained with companies and delivered no jobs that matched my experiences. As I began networking in my community, I met hundreds of displaced professionals like myself searching for new jobs. I uncovered numerous organizations and individuals in Scottsdale and Phoenix marketplace that offered a myriad of fee paid services to the unemployed. I deployed a few of these services and investigated numerous others.

I can say without reservation that one organization stands head-and-shoulders above all the rest in the Scottsdale and surrounding communities. If you are a job seeker needing advice, training, resources, networking and results, contact the The Scottsdale Job Network Without a doubt, this organization provides the most valuable information for job seekers. These programs are scheduled every two weeks, graciously hosted at the Temple Chai facility off Tatum Road.

Christine Vicari is the President of the Scottsdale Job Network. She is an inspiration to everyone, leading this program with unselfishness, courage and resolve. Additionally she has found numerous individuals who donate their time and resources to assist those in need. One of these is Bill Austin. Bill is Vice President of Business Development, AZhttp, Inc. Among his other support, he provides the group with advice regarding Internet Marketing and Search engine optimization to increase your exposure to the marketplace. In addition to job search services, the SJN also shares numerous family support resources to assist those in need. You should know that Chris' tireless energy has recently been successful in creating the SJN to a non-profit, tax-exempt entity.

In summary, I highly endorse the SJN for anyone undergoing a job search and for those who want to assist others in their job search. You will receive more programs, better training, better networking, and better results than all the other other available resources combined within the Scottsdale and surrounding communities.

I have found a new position as VP Global Business Development for a young medical device company in the Valley and I am grateful for all the support of SJN. I recommend this organization to anyone undergoing a job search at this time.

0 comments: