Sunday, March 2, 2008

Job Search - Scottsdale Area support organizations

Many thanks to all the networking groups for job seekers in the Scottsdale, AZ. area. I am one of many individuals seeking a new position and I was unsophisticated in the new technologies, services, and resources available.

I want to commend the Chris Vicari and the team of individuals she has assembled at the Scottsdale Job Network (SJN) for their unselfishness and total commitment to teaching job seekers how to improve their skills and how to prepare for a new marketplace. I am amazed at the willingness of the SJN team to teach all job seekers. Bill Austin at AZhttp and Board member of SJN has been an invaluable resource in teaching techniques for blogging, name recognition on Google, and networking to find individuals on his network.

I also found Linked In to be very unique and useful networking tool. I took the on-line training with Chip Lambert and found the class to be of great value. Another source for meeting key individuals is the AZ Execs group, where individuals seeking jobs can meet and identify their target companies to seek connections. George Fleming at Momentum Coaching Resources has also been a tremendous source for individual counseling using a disciplined method to teach, create resumes, and target activities to improve your job prep and searches. There are many other networking groups, that I have not jet attended as of this posting. I have begun the job search journey and greatly appreciate all the people and resources available in the Scottsdale marketplace.

Send me e-mail

0 comments: